Provisions of the New Law on visa application, visa extension, temporary residence card for foreigners.
I. PROVISIONS ON VISA VISA FOR FOREIGNERS IMPORT AND EXPORT IN VIETNAM
1. Visa for foreigners cannot be changed purpose
2. Visa are issued separately for each person, except for children under 14 years of age who are shared the passport with their parent or guardian.
3. Visa are issued on passports or separate depending on each specific country case in the process of entry and exit
4. Vietnam visa has 2 kind: one-time and multiple-entry category. one-time entry has a validity of one time entry and exit. Multiple entry visa: not limited the number of times entry and exit duration of a valid visa.
5. The law provides for the symbols of a visa, a temporary residence card, which stands for the purpose of the visa applicant with very clear symbols.
• ĐT (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam.
• DN (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to people who come to work with businesses in Vietnam.
• NN1 (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to people who are Chiefs of representative offices and projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
• NN2 (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to heads of representative offices, branches of foreign businesses, representative offices of foreign economic, cultural, and other professional organizations in Vietnam.
• NN3 (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to people who come to work with foreign non-governmental organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign businesses, representative offices of economic, cultural and institutional organizations. Other foreign expertise in Vietnam.
• DH (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to students who come to practice or study.
• HN (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to people who come to attend conferences or seminars.
• PV1 (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to reporters and journalists permanently residing in Vietnam.
• PV2 (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to reporters and journalists who come to Vietnam for short-term activities.
• LĐ (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to people who come to work in foreign countries with work permits (Work Permit).
• DL (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to foreigners who travel to Vietnam
• TT (has a validity of no more than 12 months) is visa type granted to foreigners who are spouses, children under 18 years of age of the year. in addition to the fathers, mothers, spouses, children of Vietnamese citizens.
6. Foreigners on entry unilaterally exempt from visa include 13 countries: Japan, South Korea, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Belarus, England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, each entry is exempted from a 15-day visa provided that the passport is valid for at least 6 months and has a return ticket. However, the next times of entry of foreigners who want to enjoy visa-free status, the next entry must be at least 30 days from the time of their previous exit from Vietnam. In the event that there are not enough 30 days for citizens of these countries to apply for Vietnam visa as prescribed.
7. For the first time, Vietnam has issued an electronic visa (E-Visa) to citizens of 40 countries with a visa period of 1 month to Vietnam. This is an important reform step in the administrative procedures on entry and exit in the 4.0 era, it concretizes Vietnam's deep opening and integration path, which is the driving force behind the tourism industry in particular and Vietnam's social economy in general is further developed in the coming time
8. Vietnam currently applies a bilateral visa exemption system for 30 days to tourists from ASEAN countries (except for Brunei within 14 days) and Asian member governments also apply. Similar visa exemptions for Vietnamese citizens upon entry into these countries. The condition for visa exemption is that the passport is valid for at least 06 months and has a round-trip ticket when completing immigration procedures
9. Temporary residence cards granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam are valid for a maximum of 5 years.
10. Temporary residence card granted to a foreign relative is valid for no more than 5 years
II. GUIDING THE PROCEDURES FOR GRANTING NEW VISA, EXTENDING VISA, TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD, ENTRY VIETNAM TO FOREIGNERS
1. Procedures for guaranteeing the application for a visa to enter Vietnam in the form of dispatch letter, invitation letter
Foreigners (except for cases of visa exemption) upon entry to Vietnam are required to apply for a Vietnam visa which can be in the form of a guarantee of an enterprise, organization, individual or self-visa in the form of Electronic visa application.
2. Procedures for applying for a new visa, extending the visa for foreigners who have entered Vietnam and are currently residing in Vietnam
When foreigners enter Vietnam and the visa expires, they can apply for visa extension or new visa depending on each specific case. New or extended visas can be single or multiple. When extending a visa, a foreigner must meet the conditions prescribed by law, including if he is an employee, he / she must have a work permit / work permit exemption or an equivalent proof document, If visiting relatives, there must be documents proving the relationship of relatives such as marriage registration, birth certificate ..... If the investor needs investment license or certificate of capital contribution .... If you are a tourist, you must have a tour.
3. Procedures for electronic visa application (Evisa) for foreigners on exit
Currently, Vietnam issues e-visas for citizens of 40 countries with a 1-month visa term and is allowed to enter 28 international border gates of Vietnam, electronic visa procedures are completely carried out on the internet environment and computers from registering information to paying and returning visa results. This is the administrative procedure reform at level 4, the highest level of e-government building that Vietnam is aiming for.
4. Procedures for applying for a long-term temporary residence card for foreigners
The temporary residence card is the longest visa that the Vietnamese Government grants to foreigners, the duration of the temporary residence card is 1 year, maximum not more than 5 years and valid for multiple entry and exit. Temporary residence card is a green card issued separately from a passport, on the card content of personal information and the duration of temporary residence in Vietnam. Temporary residence cards are issued to investors opening companies, contributing capital to companies in Vietnam, foreigners with work permits, persons exempt from work permits and currently working in Vietnam, lawyers are allowed practicing in Vietnam according to the regulations, relatives of spouses, children or parents being Vietnamese citizens ..... are also subject to temporary residence cards.
For more information, please contact: GINI International Ltd.
Address: Room 302, No. 24 lane 2, Tran Van Lai street, Nam Tu Liem district, Hanoi.